Green Smoothie Benefits
- Green Smoothies offer pure nutrition
- Smoothies are made using the whole fruit/vegetable, so you get all the fiber in your drink
- No added sugars
- Great way to have your veggies without even noticing (especially for kids!)
- Low in calories but very filling
- Green smoothies are easy to digest. Your body no longer needs to work so hard to “break down” the food in order to extract the nutrients.
Superfoods in our Smoothies
Chia Seeds-These do-it-all superseeds are good for your head with their high content of omega fatty acids that increase healthy brain function, but have also proven to be good for your heart by fighting high cholesterol and heart disease.
Flax seed is best known for its fatty acids and fiber. When talking about omega fatty acids it is better ask what they can’t do then what they can. This plays its part in proper cardiovascular and immune system health, brain function, joint function, soft skin, and more.
Goji Berries- The nutrients included in these berries are antioxidants and amino acids, but the real strength lies within their more than 20 vitamins and minerals.
Cacao Powder and Nibs- Cacao is filled with two things that we love: antioxidants and chocolatey flavor! The antioxidants boost your immune system which helps to resist those nasty colds and sickness.
Hemp Protein- At times it can be difficult to receive the proper amounts of protein and fiber that our bodies need in a healthy way. Hemp protein powder makes it a little easier boasting a whopping 50% protein content and much higher levels of fiber than soy-based protein powder. The hemp content is also kid friendly, as it encourages childhood growth through its amino acids. Athletes can also turn to this superfood for its ability to repair muscles.
Juicing removes the insoluble fiber from vegetables and fruits. While fiber is an established, important part of an overall healthy diet, removing the insoluble fiber allows for increased absorption of specific health promoting phytonutrients including enzymes, while the soluble fiber persists into the juice. By removing the fibers and consuming fruits and vegetables in liquid form, we are providing a nutrient delivery system to our bodies that allows individuals who would otherwise have difficulty consuming whole vegetables, the opportunity to reap the numerous benefits vegetables have to offer.
Organic Loose-Leaf Teas
Come in and enjoy a hot cup of tea. Our teas offer many health benefits including:
- High level of anti-oxidants; assists with cold & flu
- Promotes cardiovascular health; lowers cholesterol
- High in polyphenols; lowers cancer risk
- Immune support
- Promotes healthy skin
- Excellent expectorant & great for sore throats